Revelation – Part Fourteen: Sexual Immorality. Here we go… Image. Likeness. Desire. Dominion. Human. Purity. Angels. Animals. Holy moly. God created us fully human – not to be animals, not be angels. An animal – physical body, but no spiritual life. An angel – spiritual life, but no physical body. God didn’t not create us angels, nor did he create us animals… Human beings are unique in creation – fully physical and fully spiritual…two distinct realms brought together in humans. So what does that mean for sex?
- Who am I?
- Beloved by God in brokenness/I am a guest at Jesus’ table
- Log and Speck – I am deeply broken, too
- What community am I a part of?
- I am part of a community that is called to offer hospitality to the outcasts and marginalized – FORSAKING ALL OLD CREATION DYNAMICS
- I am part of a community has done real harm to LGBTQ+ people – they are wounded deeply and set up in the worst possible state to figure this out (rejected by family and church)
- I am part of a community that regularly fails to to include single, divorced, and gay people.
- I am part of a community that is focused on sexuality disproportionately relative to it’s emphasis in the scriptures
- I am part of a community that has lost any authority to instruct others on sexual matters
As always, we encourage and would love discussion as we pursue. Always feel free to email in questions to firstname.lastname@example.org, and to engage the conversation on Facebook and Instagram.
We're on YouTube (if you're into that kinda thing): VOXOLOGY TV.
Learn more about the Voxology Podcast
Support the Voxology Podcast on Patreon
The Voxology Spotify channel can be found here: Voxology Radio
Follow us on Instagram: @voxologypodcast and "like" us on Facebook
Follow Mike on Twitter: www.twitter.com/mikeerre
Music in this episode by Timothy John Stafford
Instagram & Twitter: @GoneTimothy